Monday, March 8, 2010

WHAT SUNDAY'S ARE ALL ABOUT




I love, love, love a proper Sunday dinner - a succulent roast, crispy roast potatoes, and loads and loads of vegetables, and of course gravy.  This would have to be my last meal on earth (given the choice of course!)

This week I tried something a bit different, I knew things would be hectic towards the end of the week, so I bought my leg of lamb early,  spread a marinade on it and popped it in the freezer until Saturday evening.

I made up the marinade with what was at hand, and it turned out beautifully - the spice was nice and subtle.  This is going right up there with garlic, rosemary and lemon for future lamb roasts.


Marinade for a Leg of Lamb


Tbsp of fresh thyme (or half that of dried)
Tsp Cumin
Tsp Coriander
Tsp Harissa
Zest of half a lemon
Tbsp Olive Oil (more if needed)

Stud the meat at regular intervals and rub the marinade with it.  This should be done as long before roasting as is convenient.  I really recommend the freezing with marinade option.

Enjoy.

4 comments:

Rhyleysgranny said...

I love lamb but ususally just use thyme rosemary and garlic. I like the sound of yours and will use it next Sunday. You have a lovely blog and i will be coming back. I am delighted to find another blogger from these shores. Thank you for commenting on my blog x

Rhyleysgranny said...

By the way that is a lovely photo in your header. Is it home?

Brownieville Girl said...

You are very welcome Granny, I am a big fan of your blog.

Yep, this is the view from my back door, lucky or what!!!

Bigarade said...

Mmm!! roast lamb my fave! iwill have to try this :) x