Tuesday, March 2, 2010

FISHY, FISHY


Oh man, I've had "one of those days" niggles all day, little things going wrong, stubbed toes, forgotten lunch you know those days.
This evening I arrived home, started the dinner and brought the shopping in from the car. I left the first few bags on the kitchen table and went to collect the next lot - I heard a bang - turned around and a bag with two bottles of beer had fallen onto the floor and exploded everywhere!!!!!
Beer was all over the place, floor, walls and cupboards and as for the glass:-{
It was a good job I had started the dinner before the "incident", or we would have had a sandwich!
I am lucky to have a wonderful fishmonger in my local town, and they sell skinned, boned fillets of lemon sole. I served the fish with roasted baby potatoes and asparagus. It was nice to have something good to eat before washing the kitchen floor ... again.
Coriander Lemon Sole
Coriander Oil
Lemon Sole Fillets (also good with plaice, sea bass fillets in fact any white fish)
Garlic
Lemon zest and juice.
I lay the fish on a large piece of tin foil, enough to cover totally, spread with the coriander oil, zest of 1/2 lemon, and about 10ml of lemon juice. I grate a 1/2 clove of garlic over this. Fold the tin foil over the fish and bake in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillets)
Coriander Oil
Large bunch coriander
Olive oil
Salt & Pepper
Blanch the coriander by covering with boiling water for a few minutes. Dry the herb by squeezing in a dry cloth. Place the coriander in a blender and cover with the oil (about 200ml)
blitz well and season.
This oil keeps in the fridge for at least 2 weeks, and is great to serve with fish, chicken and pasta.
It is also great made with basil.
Enjoy.

1 comment:

Jutta said...

I love lemon sole fillets. I once tried to skin one myself, never again! I love the recipe in Nigella Express of the sole fillet goujons. The kids especially love it.

So sorry to hear of your beer mishap. Hate 'those' sort of days.